MORE ABOUT WATSON & KNOX
The origin of Watson & Knox, Inc. can be traced back to 1929, when John W. (Bubba) Watson began the insurance agency in Thomson, Ga. In 1931, Mr Watson’s good friend, Robert E. Knox, Sr. purchased a one-half interest in the agency; thus the name Watson & Knox. Bob, Sr., a local attorney, subsequently purchased Mr. Watson’s interest in the agency and operated it as a sole proprietorship until 1968, at which time the company was incorporated and ownership transferred to his 4 children. During Bob Sr.’s ownership and up through the late 1970’s, the agency was managed by Mr. Tom Harber. In January of 1978, Andy Knox, Sr. began his employment with the agency and has served as its President since Mr. Harber’s retirement in late 1978. The third generation of the Robert E. Knox family began its service when Andy Knox, Jr. joined the company in July of 2005.
Since 1978, the agency has grown from 2 employees and representing 2 insurance companies to 16 employees and representing more than 30 different companies. The agency is departmentalized with personnel specifically trained and working in personal lines, commercial lines; and employee benefits.
We look forward to continue to serve the Thomson and surrounding area for many more years.